Fees are subject to change without notice. Travel distance and finished square footage fees apply.
- Property Inspection Fees Start At $400.00
- Our “single-family” property inspection service will alert you to visible deficiencies in the homes, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and structural systems. We will document maintenance and upgrade items discovered during the inspection and evaluate the roof for signs of leaks both past and present. The evaluation also includes major built-in appliances, a Certified Thermal Scan, and a Certified Visual Mold Evaluation.
- Add a radon test and mold test to complete your home inspection experience!
- Sample Inspection Report
Radon and/or Mold Testing with Property Inspection
- Radon Testing: Starts At $125
- Radon, the second leading cause of lung cancer in the USA!
- Radon test and analysis conducted by AARST-NRPP certified radon testers. The continuous monitor testing device will be placed in the home for a minimum of 60 hours. Results are delivered at the end of the testing period.
- Mold Testing: Starts At $275
- Mold testing during the home purchase process just makes sense!
- Mold test, the collection of six (6) samples of apparent mold growth. Additional samples are $35.00 per sample.
Mold and Moisture Assessment Fee Start At $550.00
- This service follows the EPA, the American Industrial Hygiene Association, and the National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors (NORMI) guidelines for mold assessment and testing. The Mold Assessment focuses on water intrusion and visible mold growth. The exterior of the property will be evaluated for water intrusion points, the interior of the property will be evaluated for mold growth. The Mold Assessment evaluation will include, when accessible and applicable attics, basements, and crawlspaces. The plumbing system is evaluated for water leaks. The accessible areas of the HVAC system are evaluated for mold growth. The service includes the collection of six (6) samples and a thermal scan. Additional samples are $35.00 per sample.
A standard home inspection does not include radon testing, mold testing, or energy audits. Virginia radon testers must be certified by NRPP (National Radon Proficiency Program or the NRSB (National Radon Safety Board), before conducting any fee-paid radon test. However and unfortunately, anyone can conduct a mold evaluation and testing. There are no regulations or licensing requirements for mold inspectors or remediators. Virginia does require asbestos and lead paint inspectors to be licensed by DPOR (Department of Professional and Occupational Regulations).
By providing all of our home buyers with a Certified Thermal Scan and a Certified Visual Mold Assessment, our property inspection service exceeds the minimum home inspection standards set by Virginia and the service delivered by many of our competitors.
Our home inspection service will alert you to visible deficiencies in the home’s plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and structural systems, provide you with documentation of roof leaks, both past, and present. Your home inspection will include the evaluation of built-in appliances and the following additional services.
- Certified Thermal Image Scan of the walls, ceiling, and electrical panels. Learn More
- Certified Visual Mold Assessment. Learn More
- Documentation of discovered home maintenance and upgrade items.
You can add a radon test and/or a mold test to your home inspection.
Fees are subject to change without notice. Travel distance and finished square footage fees will apply.
RADON TESTING FEES START AT $125.00
Radon is an invisible and odorless radioactive gas that has been linked to numerous health ailments, including lung cancer. The Surgeon General recommends testing all homes, especially during a real estate transaction, even those with existing systems.
For a proper radon test to take place the testing device must in the home for no less than 60 hours. Twelve hours of closed house conditions and 48 hours of testing.
For around $125.00 you can protect your lungs! Just get the test, your lungs are worth it!
MOLD AND MOISTURE ASSESSMENT AND TESTING STARTS AT $550.00
Mold testing without evaluation is a waste of money. Fogging to treat mold is not an industry-accepted practice and a waste of money.
A mold-free home is a safe haven for families and friends, but that can be diminished when there are elements of the home that are detrimental to your family’s health and the property too. One of the most common offenders is mold. In order to properly test a home, the EPA and the AIHA state it must be evaluated first and testing during a home purchase just makes sense. Getting sick after you move in is just miserable. Not knowing before or having an opportunity to address the mold before you buy makes the mold problem even worse.
Our Mold and Moisture Assessment service, we’ll thoroughly evaluate the home first to develop a proper testing plan and then provide you with a detailed report to assist you in understanding the mold condition of your home. (MAR) Mold Remediation Protocols can be provided for an additional fee. They are step by step easy to understand guidelines to assist you and/or the mold remediator in the mold clean-up process. Take action now! Stop mold in its tracks and protect your family.
Home inspectors are not created equal and their reports will vary widely, from a standard paper form to a web-based report with full digital photographs and videos. Years of experience in the home building trades and the home inspection profession will have an impact on the fee structure. The fee reflects the level of protection and professionalism, the thoroughness of the home inspection, the home inspector’s experience, how detailed the report is, repair plans and recommendations, and timely home inspection report delivery.